Grove House Engagement (Games) volunteer
This opportunity is available at Grove House on a specific day and time Tuesday 18:30 – 20:30
Please check you are available at that day & time before applying.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
As an Engagement (Games) support volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people.
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes, Bingo
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line.
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to the role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to the role of providing a supportive service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training as required.
Required Age:18 years +
GROVE HOUSE, Highfield Road, Adlington PR6 9RH