Group Support – Wyre Neighbourhood Centre
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
Wyre Neighbourhood centre are seeking Group Support Volunteers, so if you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
Volunteers will assist (under supervision of a member of staff) those who access their services.
They require Group Support volunteers for their building based activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
• Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
• Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
• Use their creative skills.
• Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Children and Family wellbeing Services, prevention and early Help Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
Children and Family Wellbeing Service are seeking to appoint a Group Support Volunteer for their up and coming young carers programme. Volunteers will assist (under supervision of a member of staff) those who access their services.
What does this entail:
- Supporting the lead youth worker with the setup and delivery of the sessions.
- Having a voice in planning of sessions.
- Evaluation of young people, needs and requirements.
- Engaging with young people and staff throughout sessions.
What Does This Opportunity allow:
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use creative skills.
- Improve confidence and self-esteem.
- Gain experience of work place setting and integrating with various professionals.
• Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
• Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
• Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
• Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families.
• Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs.
• Log your volunteering hours on your Better Impact Volunteers account.
• Patience and understanding
• Approachable and Friendly
• Non Judgemental
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• An ability to motivate and inspire others
• Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
• Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
• Child Sexual Exploitation
• Data Security Awareness
• Health & Safety
• Safeguarding Children Level 1
Training: Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Neighbourhood Centre, Milton Street Fleetwood FY7 6QW