Group Support Volunteers
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme requires volunteers to help support their groups and activities in the Rossendale district.
The groups are based around helping refugees and asylum seekers to feel integrated into a new area by providing access to specific groups and places in a relaxed & safe environment. Volunteers are required to support their conversation workshops, the ability to empathise and positively engage with others is essential.
Dates & times of these sessions will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
This role is subject to DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run the sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help others with building their new skills, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English. Engaging with attendees, supporting those attending to take part and to get involved.
- Log volunteering hours regularly.
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training will be required in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Applicants should live in or around the Rossendale area