Group Support Volunteers Required in Morecambe
Children and Family Wellbeing Service are urgently seeking volunteers to support their 6pm – 9pm Friday Night Open Youth Group activities at their centre in Morecambe Library, Central Drive, Morecambe. LA4 5DL
We are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help support us to run sessions and activities, engaging the young people in those activities, and helping build new skills, confidence and motivation. Activities include free, social association, cooking, arts, music and games. The usual pool, table tennis and table football, Console games etc are also available.
If volunteers have skills and interests that they can share with young people this is also great.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Lancashire’s Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on computer Better Impact account
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Mandatory training will include:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health & Safety
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Resuscitation (Basic Life Support)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:18 years +
CFW centre, Morecambe Library, Central Drive, Morecambe LA4 5DL