Group Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme requires volunteers to help support their groups and activities in the South Ribble District.
It is pivotal to feeling integrated into a new area to provide access to specific groups and places where those encountering new situations are able to feel relaxed, supported & able to share in a safe environment.
Dates & times of these sessions will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
- Engaging with groups and supporting those attending to take part in and to get involved
- Log volunteering hours regularly
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training will be required in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
South Ribble area