Group Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme Ribble Valley
We are seeking volunteers to help support conversation group activities with refugees and asylum seekers in the Whalley area.
By providing access to specific groups and places where those encountering new situations are able to feel relaxed & share in a safe environment, we are supporting local communities.
This role is subject to DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
- Engaging with groups supporting those attending to take part and to get involved
- Log volunteering hours monthly
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training will be required in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Ribble Valley area. LVP recruits local volunteers to support their community.