Group Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme HYNDBURN
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme would like volunteers to help support their groups and activities in Accrington.
If you are able to help and understand how pivotal it is for those new to the area to be able to access these specific groups that have been designed to make those encountering new situations feel able to relax & share, in a safe environment, please apply.
Dates & times of these sessions will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
This role is subject to DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help if needed with setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
- Engaging with groups supporting those attending to take part and to get involved
- Log volunteering hours
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training will be required specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +