Group Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme requires volunteers to help support their groups and activities in the Lancaster and Morecambe areas.
It is pivotal to provide access to specific groups and places where those encountering new situations can feel able to relax & share, helping towards feeling integrated into a new area.
Dates & times of volunteering will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
This role is subject to DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
- Engaging with groups supporting those attending, to take part and to get involved
- Log volunteering hours
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience, empathy, and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training required by LVP Volunteering is in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role.
Required Age:18 years +
Lancaster and Morecambe