Group Support Volunteer – Fylde and Blackpool coast
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme would like volunteers to help support their group sessions in the Fylde & Blackpool area.
Do you have time to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months, and are able to support the weekly 3 hours sessions?
The groups are specifically for refugee and asylum seekers and are pivotal in enabling those attending to feel integrated into a new area. The groups provide access for those encountering new situations and help the attendees to feel relaxed & share in a safe environment.
Dates & times of these sessions are being arranged so please specify your availability when you apply.
This role is subject to DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
- Engaging with groups supporting those attending to take part and to get involved
- Log volunteering hours
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Training is required in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Fylde and Blackpool areas