Group Support Volunteer – Darwen Children’s Centre
Do you enjoy supporting children and their families?
Are you interested in volunteering? The network of Children Centres in Blackburn with Darwen are looking for volunteers to help them:
- Provide a volunteering role in the children Centre play and learn groups and activities.
Please note that all volunteers are required to have a DBS
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council provides a range of services and activities to support children under five, parents and carers and prospective parents. There are 8 children’s centres in Blackburn with Darwen which act as a network of support. Children’s centres are developed in line with the needs of the local community. No one children’s centre is the same but each provides a core set of services.
Most children’s centres are open from 8am to 6pm – Monday to Friday.
- Take part in supporting craft activities
- Supporting with various play activities
- Ensuring a clean and tidy environment for children and families to play and learn
- Supporting the preparation for the play session and helping to clear up at the end of the session
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- To be enthusiastic and motivated
- Good communication skills and be able to engage with children of all ages and their families
- To understand and promote the value of play
- To be punctual and reliable
- To know how to seek support and advice when appropriate
- To have an understanding of safeguarding
- Ability to learn and understand how to protect children from risk of harm
- Able to tolerate children’s noise levels
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Basic safeguarding, Baby Friendly Initiative.
Required Age:16 years +
Darwen Children’s Centre Lord Street, Darwen, BB3 0HD