Group Support at The Zone in South Ribble
Group Support Volunteers are required for the following opportunities:
- Monday evening – UNITE/SEND (6.30-8.30pm)
- Tuesday – POUT/LGBTQ+
- Wednesday evening – Youth Council (7.00-9.00pm)
- Friday – Safe Space (7.00-9.00pm)
- Friday – Locality Youth Group (6.30-7.30pm)
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week volunteering, this could be a great opportunity to consider. We are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, help those who access our services.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of the groups the volunteer could support:
Providing a safe and welcoming environment for your people aged 12-25 years with special educational needs and disabilities. The group aim to work on life skills improving communication skills, self-confidence & self-esteem in a group work setting. Parents/carers are welcome to attend.
A group for young people aged 12 to 19 who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender. The group provides a safe and confidential space to come together to meet and share experiences. To get information, advice, and support on coming out, friendship, emotional well-being, identity, family relationships, etc.
An opportunity for young people to have a voice and be able to influence decisions made locally and nationally.
The open access group provides a safe space for young people to attend and engage with our staff.
Locality Youth Group:
An opportunity for you to meet with neighbourhood outreach workers in the community environment and discuss issues that are current and affecting your lives. A chance to discuss and learn about the issue that affects young people like bullying, low self-esteem, drugs, relationships, sexual health and child sexual exploitation. Aimed at young people who would like more information on specific issues and become more involved with a youth group.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation
- Engaging with groups for young people in the community
- Log volunteering hours online
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and friendly
- Non judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills – good active listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:16 years +
The Zone in South Ribble West Paddock, Leyland PR25 1HR
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now