Group Support – Longridge Youth Centre
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week, are able to volunteer and keen to support young people , this would be a great opportunity to consider. Groups run 18:30 – 21:30 on Tuesday – Friday evenings
Volunteers will assist (under supervision of a member of staff) those who access their services.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
• Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
• Make a positive difference to a young person.
• Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Children and Family wellbeing Services, prevention and early Help Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on computer Better Impact account
• Patience and understanding
• Approachable and Friendly
• Non Judgemental
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• An ability to motivate and inspire others
• Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
• Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
• Child Sexual Exploitation
• Data Security Awareness
• Health & Safety
• Safeguarding Children Level 1
Training: Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting
Required Age:18 years +
Longridge Young People's Centre, Berry Lane, Longridge PR3 3JP