Reuse – Garstang Reuse Shop
Are you passionate about reducing waste? Do you have a few hours spare each week and are willing to get stuck in? If so, we need your help in our Garstang Household Waste Recycling Centre Reuse Shop! We’re looking for dedicated volunteer Reuse volunteers to help sort, process and sell items saved from the waste stream. Whatever your skills or passion, we can find something to suit you, whether that be helping out behind the scenes or having a customer facing role in our Reuse Shop.
Our Reuse volunteers support the Reuse Shop Site Supervisor with the day-to-day operations of the shop, including cleaning, stock rotation and the preparation of unwanted household goods, furniture and bicycles for Reuse and sale.
Our volunteers play a crucial role in our operations and have helped Lancashire County Council’s Reuse Shops get to where they are today with their valued skills and support. By recognising that one person’s unwanted clutter is another person’s treasure, you can help make a big difference in increasing the amount of Reuse in Lancashire.
What’s in it for you
- Making friends
- Supporting a worthwhile cause at the heart of your community
- Learning and developing new skills (retail, customer service and communication skills)
- Building confidence
- Working as part of a team
- Enhancing your CV and gaining experience in retail operations
- A full induction when you start
We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experiences, so if you have any other skills and experiences that you feel may be beneficial to our Reuse Shop, please get in touch!
- Greeting customers
- Checking all items donated by customers or segregated by the Household Waste Recycling Centre staff for potential Reuse
- Assisting with the preparation and processing of reusable items for sale
- Using creative and practical skills to maximise sales of stock through displays, repairs, testing and upcycling
- Assisting with sales and contributing to a welcoming and productive retail environment
- Promoting the shop and all the benefits of the Reuse shop to customers
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude
- Able to listen and take instruction
- To be relatively fit and active
- Practical and creative skills are welcome but not essential
Volunteers will be required to complete the following e-learning before commencing any volunteering:
- Health, Safety and Infection Prevention and Control for Volunteers [updated COVID-19]
- Moving and Assisting for Volunteers
Required Age:18 years +
Garstang Community Recycling and Reuse Centre (CRRC), Brockholes Way, Catterall, near Garstang, Lancashire, PR3 0PZ