Gardening Support – Mere Brook
Do you like gardening?
Are you able to spend a few hours a week helping encourage others to help maintain our garden?
We are seeking a volunteer to help us with our garden.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
Volunteers must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sessions run – flexible to suit weather conditions, to be arranged with the home upon enquiry.
As a Gardening Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to:
- Assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- Be able to include the group to carry out general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Volunteers will be provided with relevant training required for this role
Gardening Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Patience and understanding
- Some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Friendly & approachable
- caring nature
- Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Aughton Street, Ormskirk,