Gardening Support Volunteers at Lady Elsie Finney House Preston
Do you love gardening?
We are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support gardening tasks.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The benefits of having a maintained area for their residents is essential to their person centred residential and daytime support Care. They need volunteers who know about gardening, who can help to keep their garden looking nice and bright.
This role is weather dependent and up to 3 hours per week.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Encourage & assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general low maintenance and basic garden DIY
- If required, you will spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line.
- Complete minimum level training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed
- Be patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Awareness of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training where & when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Lady Elsie Finney Home, Cottam Avenue, Preston PR2 3XH