Gardening Support -Dolphinlee House
Do you like gardening?
Are you able to spend a few hours a week helping encourage others to help maintain a garden?
Dolphinlee are seeking volunteers to help look after their garden for the pleasure of the residents.
The core purpose of the home is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support.
Volunteers can help make a difference in someone’s life by helping to engage them in the garden, listening, or even if it’s just a smile.
Sessions are flexible to suit weather conditions, and are arranged with the home upon enquiry.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- Be able to include the group to carry out general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Have patience and understanding
- Have some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Be friendly & approachable
- have a caring nature
- Be aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Patterdale Road, Ridge Estate Lancaster