Gardening Support – MilBanke
Do you love gardening?
Milbanke Residential Care Home are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support and maintain their garden.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
• Encourage and assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
• General maintenance and basic garden DIY
• Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
• Help to brighten up a resident’s day
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
• Be good communicators
• Be committed to providing a good service
• Patience and understanding
• Friendly & approachable
• caring nature
• Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Milbanke Residential care home 72 Station Road, Preston PR4 2HA