Gardening Support – Domicilary Service
Garden Support volunteer required.
The Domiciliary Service provides a range of support to adults with learning disabilities who live with other people with Learning Disabilities and support from Domiciliary Service Staff. The level of support offered varies between each individual in line with their assessed needs.
This is a flexible opportunity based on your own availability. Times/ days can be arranged upon application.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- As a Gardening Assistant volunteer you will support a group of adults with learning disabilities with their own allotment
- You will share your knowledge and skills whilst tending to the allotment alongside the individuals
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting and helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up the adults day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Gardening Support volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Have Patience and understanding
- Have some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/ DIY
- Enjoy sharing that knowledge in a creative fun way
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Be aware of confidentiality
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Marquis Street, Kirkham, Preston, Lancashire PR4 2HY, United Kingdom