Fosterfield Day Centre – Garden support volunteer
Do you love gardening?
Fosterfield Day Centre are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support gardening tasks at their premises.
This opportunity is flexible as it is weather dependent, and the volunteer should be committed to carrying out their support for up to 3 hours per week.
The benefits of having a maintained area for the residents is essential to Fosterfields person centred residential and daytime support Care.
Before applying – please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you. Please email dso.FosterfieldDayCentre@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be encouraging and assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- If required, you will spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line.
- Complete minimum level training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed
- Be patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Awareness of confidentiality able to follow guideline
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training where & when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Fosterfield Day Centre Eaves Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, PR6 0EY
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now