Foreign Language Link Work
Could you be a ‘critical friend’ to the Police Service?
Can you read, write and speak a foreign language and spare 4 hours per month?
We are looking for volunteers to assist The Community Cohesion Unit in engaging with communities and translation.
This opportunity is subject to police vetting and to qualify you must have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- Assist Community Cohesion Unit in engaging with communities and translating of material including posters/leaflets.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
- Participate in an annual wellbeing review
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
To cover Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancashire.