Food Bank Volunteer – Preston Council
Lancashire Volunteer Partnership are supporting Preston Council advertising this role. Enquires are to be made though emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and applications cannot be submitted through our website.
Could you be a food bank supporter? We are looking for people to help food banks in Preston. There are several opportunities from helping to pack food parcels, distributing food parcels and / or being a van driver to collect and deliver supplies. Due to Covid-19 and safeguarding at no point will volunteers and staff enter the properties of clients. Appropriate PPE will be provided.
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills. You will need to show respect, empathy, patience and understanding.
Hours and days of the week are flexible. Roles are available throughout the Preston area.
What are Food banks:
Food banks: a place where stocks of food, typically basic provisions and non-perishable items, are supplied free of charge to people in need. Some food banks operate a referral process only, where a client will need to be referred via an agency to provide evidence of need.
- Sorting and packing food parcels
- Distributing food parcels to those most in need
- Van driver to collect and deliver supplies
- To log volunteer hours and submit expenses where applicable
- To study short online training
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to use basic ICT Systems
- Driving licence preferred
You will be required to complete Safeguarding Adults and Prevent online training and information regarding Data Protection. Where appropriate you will also be offered the opportunity to access Level 2 Food Hygiene training / qualification. If online learning is an issue, please let us know.
Required Age:18 years +
Roles are available all over Preston