Fire Cadet Support Volunteer
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service – Fire Cadet Support
We are looking for volunteers to support Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service’s Fire Cadet Programme. The Volunteer will support the Cadets who are young people aged between 13-15 years who are involved in fire service activities and local community action. The Cadet Units are run in various locations across Lancashire and operate from the local fire station or school.
The South Shore Cadet Unit location and times are:
- South Shore Fire Station, St Anne’s Rd, Blackpool FY4 3AP
- Day and Time: Wednesday from 18:00 p.m. to 21.00 p.m.
- We are looking for a commitment of around 3 hours per week, ideally for a full school year (September to July).
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Being a positive role model to young people in your local area
- Being part of a team working environment and meeting new people
- Inspiring young people to make a positive contribution to society
- Enhancing your leadership, communication and teaching skills
- Receiving on going training and enhancing employability
- Learning about the Fire and Rescue Service
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and medical screening.
- Supporting Cadets at Community events
- Providing direct support to organisational staff during delivery of training to young people
- Helping with theoretical fire safety tasks
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks using ICT systems
- Helping to arrange the Fire Cadet programme
- There may also be opportunities to partake in physical activities, however, these are optional and can be discussed on interview
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- A respect for race and diversity
- A non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communicating skills
- A willingness to help develop and work with young people
- You must be over 18 years of age and able to get to and from the location of the Fire Cadet Unit applied for
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
South Shore Fire Service, St Anne's Road, Blackpool FY4 3AP