Fire Cadet Support in Darwen
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service – Fire Cadet Support Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to support Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service’s Fire Cadet Programme. Cadets are young people aged between 13-17 years who are involved in fire service activities and local community action. The Cadet Units are run in various locations across Lancashire and operate from the local fire station or school.
The location and time of the Fire Cadet Unit is:
- Darwen Fire Station, Union St, Darwen, BB3 0DA.
- Tuesday 16:30 – 18:30
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Being a positive role model to young people in your local area
- Being part of a team working environment and meeting new people
- Inspiring young people to make a positive contribution to society
- Enhancing your leadership, communication and teaching skills
- Receiving on-going training and enhancing employability
- Learning about the Fire and Rescue Service
As a Fire Cadet Volunteer, you may be involved with the following:
- Supporting Cadets at Community events
- Providing direct support to organisational staff during delivery of training to young people
- Helping with theoretical fire safety tasks
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks using ICT systems
- Helping to arrange the Fire Cadet programme
- There may also be opportunities to partake in physical activities, however, these are optional and can be discussed on interview.
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- A respect for race and diversity
- A non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communicating skills
- A willingness to help develop and work with young people
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance training or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Darwen Fire Station, Union St, Darwen, BB3 0DA.