Fire Cadet Support – Morecambe
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service – Fire Cadet Support Volunteer Morecambe
We are looking for volunteers to support Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service’s Fire Cadet Programme. Cadets are young people aged between 13-17 years who are involved in fire service activities and local community action. The Cadet Units are run in various locations across Lancashire and operate from the local fire station or school.
The location and time of the Fire Cadet Unit in Carnforth is:
- Morecambe Fire Station, Westgate, Lancashire, LA4 4TA
- Day and Time: Every Tuesday from 18:00 p.m. to 20:00 p.m.
- Ideally a minimum commitment of a full school year (September to July) is required.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Being a positive role model to young people in your local area
- Being part of a team working environment and meeting new people
- Inspiring young people to make a positive contribution to society
- Enhancing your leadership, communication and teaching skills
- Receiving on going training and enhancing employability
- Learning about the Fire and Rescue Service
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As a Fire Cadet Volunteer, you may be involved with the following
- Supporting Cadets at Community events
- Providing direct support to organisational staff during delivery of training to young people
- Helping with theoretical fire safety tasks
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks using ICT systems
- Helping to arrange the Fire Cadet programme
- There may also be opportunities to partake in physical activities, however, these are optional and can be discussed on interview.
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- A respect for race and diversity
- A non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communicating skills
- A willingness to help develop and work with young people
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Morecambe Fire Station, Westgate, LA4 4TA Lancashire