FESTIVAL OF MAKING: FESTIVAL MAKER
FESTIVAL MAKERS SUPPORTING THE FESTIVAL OF MAKING EVENT
This year’s National Festival of Making will take place on Saturday 11th – Sunday 12th June 2022 in Blackburn Town Centre and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to become Festival Maker to help make this national event a success.
Festival Makers help look after the thousands of visitors that attend the festival by being the first point of contact, offering directions, event information and tourist advice. All helping to make
the weekend a success.
The National Festival of Making is the only event of its type in the UK and attracts a large national and global audience attracting both national and regional TV and newspaper coverage.
Nationally the festival weekend is about celebrating all things making, but locally it is about celebrating all that is good about Blackburn, Darwen and Lancashire. This event gives us all the
opportunity to show off our part of the North West.
Volunteers need to be between 16 – 80 years of age
For more information about the Festival, go to our website: https://festivalofmaking.co.uk/
● Information point helpers – Meeting and greeting, providing information about the festival
● Workshop helper – Helping a range of makers and crafters as they deliver workshops to the public
● Artwork invigilator – Meet the artist in advance to learn about the festival’s heritage artworks, then discuss them and distribute information during the festival
● Evaluation team – Connecting with the public to find out what they liked about the festival
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Training will be provided on Friday 10th June from 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm at Blackburn Central Library, Town Hall St, Ewood, Blackburn BB2 1AG.
Required Age:16 years +