Family Weight Management Volunteer
Do you have an interest or knowledge of promoting healthy living?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children in Blackpool who have been referred the Making Changes team?
The team are looking for volunteers to work alongside them to deliver education and activity sessions to children aged 4-11 years and their families.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to deliver outreach and attend roadshow events to promote and raise awareness of the programme.
You will support safe and effective group exercise sessions for children and families referred onto the programme having been identified as being overweight.
Volunteers will work with children and families to provide ongoing support to lead a healthier lifestyle, providing good customer care throughout.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist with the delivery of educational and activity sessions
- Promote and raise awareness of the programme at events
- Deliver a high standard of customer service
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of healthy living
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +