Would you enjoy supporting families to have family fun with arts and crafts at the Museum?
Judges’ Lodgings Museum of Childhood would like volunteers to help them with their many family fun summer activities for adults and children.
You must be confident in speaking to families and children & to oversee the delivery of basic children’s crafts over the weekends of the school summer holidays.
If you live in the local area and think this might be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you, please apply.
- Ensure the smooth running of the activity session.
- Help by preparing the required equipment for the sessions.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Welcoming visitors to the sessions and showing them basic craft activities.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Have basic ability to produce children’s arts and crafts (existing templates provided)
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Judges' Lodgings Museum,15 Castle Hill, Lancaster LA1 1YS