Engagement (Pamper sessions) South Ribble Adult Disability Day Service
Do you have a skill for ‘Pamper & Beauty’ that you would be willing to share with others?
Then this opportunity could be ideal for you.
We are seeking volunteers skilled in pamper and beauty to encourage our service users to take part in general care sessions e.g., assist them with manicuring their nails, brushing their hair etc.
Adult Disability Day Services provide high quality competitive, and person-centred day time support and care for their centres service users. Support from Volunteers helps to make these activities happen.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Ability & skill to offer therapeutic and practical care and offer make up days for those service users willing to take part.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to the services users helping them to combat feelings of loneliness
- Ability to actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Have basic beauty and pampering skills
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Be patient & be empathetic
- Have knowledge of disabled people’s needs
- Awareness of disability issues would be an advantage
- Passionate about making disabled people feel good about themselves
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning modules before any activity can be undertaken and refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
South Ribble Adult Disability Day Services