Engagement (Pamper sessions) Meadowfield House
Do you have a skill for ‘Pampering’ that you would be willing to share with others?
We are seeking volunteers skilled in pampering to encouraged residents to take part in Pamper sessions.
Volunteers would need to have the ability to offer residents therapeutic and relaxing hand massages, assist them with manicuring their nails, hair brushing & styling, and if required be able to offer make up for the residents.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers & visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the service user.
This activity is for a specific day & time, please check your availability before applying.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Offer therapeutic treatments i.e., Relaxing hand massages
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- You will actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line computer system
- Complete training relevant to the role
- Have basic beauty and pampering skills
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Be patient & be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Awareness of Dementia issues would be an advantage
- Passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Meadowfield House, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9NX