Engagement (Music) Volunteers – Woodside
Do you have Musical skills that you would be willing to share with others?
This opportunity is seeking a volunteer skilled in music who can encourage residents to engage in singing sessions.
Music activities not only show someone that they are cared about, it can also provide them with a personal sense of improving their esteem, and feeling part of a group.
This opportunity takes place on a specific day and time.
Please check you are available at that time before applying.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be encouraging and assist attendees to take part in the music activity.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Have music ability skills knowledge of songs applicable to the age group would be an advantage.
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia awareness
- Be passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
Training will be provided by eLearning and all modules must be successfully completed before any volunteering is allowed.
Training specific to the establishment will be provided on starting.
Required Age:18 years +
Woodside, Burnley Road, Padiham, Burnley BB12 8SD