Engagement (Gardening) South Ribble Adult Disability Day Service
Do you love gardening?
Adult Disability Day Services are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support gardening tasks. The service operates using high quality services which are provided in a safe way. Their core purpose is to provide the service users with people-centred day time support.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be able to encourage & assist service users to tend to small areas of the garden e.g., planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to the service user, helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Complete minimum level training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed
- Be patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring & empathic nature
- Adhere to service guidelines and be aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning modules before any activity can be undertaken and refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
South Ribble Adult Disability Day Services