Engagement (Arts & Crafts) support at Mearley Fold
Do you love doing arts and crafts activities?
As an Arts and Crafts volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities within and around the home or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people.
Would you like to share your arts & crafts skills with others?
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
The day and time of this opportunity is specific so please check you are available at those times before applying.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Encourage individuals to participate in 1:1 and group arts and crafts activities
- Take part in Arts and crafts activities
- Actively support, encourage, and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Mearley Fold Day Centre, Bright Street, Clitheroe BB7 1NW