ELHT&Me is the official charity for East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust.
The charity encourages staff and the public to raise funds in order to improve the health and wellbeing of the local population. All funds are for the benefit of our patients and their loved ones. Your efforts, support and donations make a huge difference for patients; improving the hospital environment, buying state-of-the-art medical equipment, funding research and teaching and helping us to go way beyond the NHS standard. Donors are able to stipulate how they would like their monies to be spent or which area they would like to support.
The income generated, mainly through donations and legacies, helps to enhance the services of the Trust. ELHT&Me ensures that all funds donated to the NHS are dealt with and accounted for properly, in accordance with Charity Commission and NHS regulations.
This role will assist the ELHT&Me fundraising team to raise much needed funds, and identify new funding streams.
This post requires a standard DBS check.
For more information on the role click here ELHT&Me Volunteer
- Attending events promoting the charity and collecting donations
- Active fundraising through planned activities such as supermarket bag packing, or distribution and collection of charity tubs locally
- Identify where collection boxes could be places and take action on this ultimately resulting in a collection box in that area.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) online
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be friendly, sensitive and provide support confidentially and without judgement
- Good time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
East Lancashire Hospital’s Trust requires all volunteers to attend a volunteer induction and complete core mandatory training before carrying out any voluntary activity within the Trust.
This role will also be supported by the ELHT&Me team including experienced volunteers.
Required Age:16 years +
Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2PQ