East- Restorative Justice Panel Member
We are seeking new panel members to join our East Restorative Justice (RJ) panel. Any application for any other area will not be accepted at this time.
Restorative Justice seeks to bring all parties involved in an incident together to play a part in repairing the harm caused and find a positive way forward.
Volunteers are needed to support local Neighbourhood Policing teams and local agencies in dealing with anti-social behaviour issues and low level disputes by using RJ principles.
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity which will directly make a positive difference to the communities involved.
Please note for this role you must have access to a vehicle or public transport (expenses can be claimed). Your main area of work will predominately be in the East of the County, but with the ability to assist in other areas of Lancashire.
The hours are flexible around your availability.
We do ask for 12 months volunteering commitment to this opportunity and you will need to attend a three day training course.
This opportunity is subject to police vetting.
- Make arrangement to meet the parties affected by an incident in a safe location to explain the RJ process and gather background information
- Bring the parties together and facilitate a RJ conference
- Complete the required paperwork whilst complying with Data Protection policies
- Attend monthly Panel meetings
- Raise awareness to promote wider use of the Panel and RJ
- Build positive working relationships with other volunteers, policing teams and local authorities and agencies
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- This opportunity requires confidence, flexibility and the means to travel within the East area
- Strong communication skills; to write and speak clearly, not use jargon and listen carefully
- Effective team working; to work with an empathetic, tolerant and non-judgemental approach; to deal sensitively with individuals who may be upset or angry about their situation
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
Our RJ volunteers are required to complete 3 full days of comprehensive training to develop the skills required to facilitate RJ conferences. On-going support and supervision will be provided.
Required Age:18 years +