East Crime Volunteer
Do you want to provide a helping hand to your local policing team?
We are looking for a volunteer to assist 4 to 6 hours per week in co-ordinating and distributing CCTV stills for the Crime Management Unit.
This opportunity is a great way of getting involved in helping to detect crime and bring offenders to justice whilst learning valuable IT skills and creating professional documents.
- Monitor the East CCTV Mailbox
- Copy CCTV stills from crimes that are under investigation and produce a weekly bulletin in a Word document
- Upload the bulletin to Lancashire Police Sherlock homepage
- E-mail link to the bulletin to all officers and staff in East Division
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe
- Proficiency in using e-mail
- Knowledge of creating Hyperlinks (although full training will be available)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
- Participate in an annual wellbeing review
Volunteers will undergo training with the East Crime Manager
Required Age:18 years +
Waterfoot Police Station
Bacup Road, Waterfoot