Digital Champion – Barnoldswick Library
Do you have Digital Skills?
Then this could be the ideal opportunity for you, Barnoldswick Library are seeking volunteers to become Digital Champions.
Why do we need Digital Champions?
Digital exclusion is preventing many people from benefitting from the services digital technology offers. Without the guidance of a knowledgeable Digital Champion many will struggle to navigate their way through day to day online services.Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
What do Digital Champions do?
- The Digital Champion will have a wide experience of online services.
- They will use their knowledge to provide I.T support to actively teach, encourage and empower the service user.
- They will ensuring a positive digital learning experience.
- Digital sessions are delivered using either library community computers or the service users own equipment.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
Please talk to a member of Barnoldswick Library staff before applying
- Digital Champions will provide initial support to help customers gain confidence with computers.
- Helping with sessions for people looking to get online for the first time
- Be able to clearly demonstrate the using of iPads, tablets, and laptops to others
- Supporting the library to deliver group IT taster events and drop-in sessions for beginners
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- You should have good ICT and digital communication skills
- Have enthusiasm about the huge difference the Internet can make to someone’s life
- The ability to share your knowledge to inspire others.
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Barnoldswick Library, Fern lea Avenue, Barnoldswick, Colne BB18 5DW
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community