Digital Champion Coppull Library
Coppull Library would like a Digital Champion, do you have the I.T skills needed?
Digital exclusion is preventing many people from benefitting from the services digital technology offers. Without the guidance of a knowledgeable Digital Champion many may struggle to navigate their way through day to day online services.
What is required of a Digital Champions?
- The Digital Champion will have a wide experience of online services.
- They will use their knowledge to provide I.T support to actively teach, encourage and empower the service user.
- They will ensure a positive digital learning experience.
- Digital sessions are delivered using either library community computers or the service users own equipment.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Digital Champions will provide initial support to help customers gain confidence with computers.
- Helping with sessions for people looking to get online for the first time
- Be able to clearly demonstrate the using of iPads, tablets, and laptops to others
- Supporting the library to deliver group I.T. taster events and drop-in sessions for beginners
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- You should have good ICT and communication skills
- Enthusiasm about the huge difference the Internet can make to someone’s life
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Please talk to a member of staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Coppull Library, Spendmore Lane, Coppull, PR7 5DF