Customer Service (Reception) Volunteer
Do you have a friendly personality and do you like to help people?
If so could you offer support to the reception team at various leisure centres or community venues across Blackpool to assist them in dealing with customers attending the centre and telephone enquiries?
The busy role involves taking bookings and payments (cash and credit card), providing customers with information regarding the centre and memberships and answering general queries.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist staff on a busy reception
- Deal with members and customer enquiries
- Take cash and card payments
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines.
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Previous experience in using computer systems is preferred
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +