Culture Hacks 11 – 17 Years Lancaster Library
This is a Culture Hack Volunteer Opportunity – activities for young people aged 11- 17 years
Do you love reading and Lancaster library and feel able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week? Then volunteering to be a Culture Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
Before applying please note: you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. Their details are required for the application form so please ask them to provide contact details before applying.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What we are asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying for additional information.
Training will be provided where necessary.
Required Age:11-17 years
Lancaster Library, Market Square, Lancaster, LA1 1HY