Culture Hack 18 – 24 years Ormskirk Library
Would you like to join the volunteers in Ormskirk Library?
If you love reading and the library and are able to commit to volunteering on a regular basis then becoming a Culture Hack could be a great opportunity for you.
Being a Culture Hack is a chance to make great things happen in your local community. It’s about having ideas large or small, supporting your community and making a real difference. As a Culture Hack you will have chance to support a range of activities as well as having the opportunity to develop your own project ideas.
Here’s some of the ways our Culture Hacks support activities in libraries:
- SCART Club – Supporting children’s activities as part of Lancashire’s Summer reading programme
- Games and Lego Clubs – Supporting children and families to play games together or encouraging creative Lego skills.
- Fun Palaces – Devising and hosting activities such as coding or slime making and supporting families to take part.
- Themed Book Displays – Putting together themed book displays for children and young people.
- Reading Groups – Hosting reading groups for children or teens encouraging them to talk about books they have read.
- Coding Clubs and Little Bits Electronics – Devising and running sessions creating bubble bots, arcade games, or simply experimenting with the electronics blocks to create new inventions.
- Science Club – Choosing experiments, hosting sessions, and researching the science behind the experiments.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Gain training, new skills, new experience and build confidence
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. Please talk to a member of Ormskirk Library staff before applying for further guidance.
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- have patience and understanding
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Volunteers may be asked to complete training as required.
Required Age:18-24 years
Ormskirk Library Burscough Street Ormskirk L39 2EN