Culture Hack opportunity for volunteers aged 11 – 17 Years
If you are aged between 11 – 17 years and are wanting to do some volunteering at Garstang Library, then this could be a great opportunity for you.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
Garstang library are looking for volunteers who will be able to regularly commit their time to help support their library activities, helping to keep young people reading and motivated.
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. Please talk to a member of Garstang Library staff before applying for their further guidance.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What are we asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Training will be provided where necessary.
Required Age:11-17 years
Garstang Library, Windsor Road , Garstang, Preston , Lancashire PR3 1ED