Culture Hack 18 – 24 years Burscough Library
Would you like to join the volunteers in Burscough Library? This role enables the volunteer to get involved supporting events at the library and be involved with the planning and creation of displays within the library.
If you love reading and the library and are able to commit to volunteering on a regular basis then becoming a Culture Hack could be a great opportunity for you.
Being a Culture Hack is a chance to make great things happen in your local community. It’s about having ideas large or small, supporting your community and making a real difference. As a Culture Hack you will have chance to support a range of activities as well as having the opportunity to develop your own project ideas.
Here’s some of the ways our Culture Hacks support activities in libraries:
- SCART Club – Supporting children’s activities as part of Lancashire’s Summer reading programme
- Games and Lego Clubs – Supporting children and families to play games together or encouraging creative Lego skills.
- Fun Palaces – Devising and hosting activities such as coding or slime making and supporting families to take part.
- Themed Book Displays – Putting together themed book displays for children and young people.
- Reading Groups – Hosting reading groups for children or teens encouraging them to talk about books they have read.
- Coding Clubs and Little Bits Electronics – Devising and running sessions creating bubble bots, arcade games, or simply experimenting with the electronics blocks to create new inventions.
- Science Club – Choosing experiments, hosting sessions, and researching the science behind the experiments.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Gain training, new skills, new experience and build confidence
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. Please talk to a member of Tarleton Library staff before applying for further guidance.
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Volunteers may be asked to complete training a required.
Required Age:18-24 years
Mill Lane, Burscough, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L40 5TJ