Culture Hack 11 – 17 Years – Lego Club
Culture Hack – Volunteer activities for young people
Are you between 11-17 years?
Then volunteering to be a Culture Hack could be a great opportunity for you.
Thornton library require a Culture Hack for the weekly Lego Club aimed at Primary School-aged children. The volunteering role would be required between 3.30-5pm for the session to run every Friday between 3.45 to 4.45pm
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- 11 – 17 Years Culture Hacks will require a reference from a teacher who has known them for at least one full term.
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
What type of skills and personal qualities do young volunteers aged 11-17 years need?
The volunteer should:
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:11-17 years
Thornton Library Victoria Road East Thornton Cleveleys FY5 3SZ