Game of Cards ?
We are looking for a Community Support Befriender volunteer for a female in the Leyland area who has a real interest in playing card games and solving puzzles.
If you are free to visit her on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between the hours 13.30 – 17.30 and would enjoy playing a card game or two with her, please apply. This female has lots of stories she would enjoy telling.
The Befriending role is about companionship it is not to provide practical assistance. Community Support Volunteers actively support, encourage and empower the client to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives. The benefit of having a regular meeting with a Community Support Volunteer helps to increase their confidence, resilience and independence.
By becoming a Community Support Volunteer you are accepting the opportunity that could mark the turning point in someone’s life. This rewarding role offers an excellent opportunity for personal development, new skills and experiences, as well as a chance to put something back into the community.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Community Support Befrienders help to support people who are not family or close friends to help tackle social isolation issues.
- To regularly visit the individual on a 1: 1 basis either in their own home or a community setting.
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence – The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances.
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual.
- All volunteers must log their volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Willingness to play cards and do puzzles.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / Flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Understanding of vulnerability
- It would be an advantage to have an awareness of key issues – alcohol, drug abuse, mental health etc.
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
This Community Support Befriender opportunity is based in the Leyland Area.
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community.