Befriender Female volunteer is needed for a female in the Pendle area.
A female would like a Community Support (Befriender) to provide some social contact and interaction within their own home, preventing her from feeling lonely and isolated.
The female has a motorised mobility scooter and would like in nicer weather to access the local community facilities and park.
Female visitor preferred, visits ideally in the afternoon.
Could you be that person?
By apply today to this advert you will be taking the first step to becoming a LVP Volunteer and accepting the opportunity that could mark the turning point in someone’s life.
Volunteers actively support, encourage, and empower their person to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives. They use local knowledge of community services and groups to help increase the persons confidence, resilience and independence. This rewarding role offers an excellent opportunity for personal development.
This post is subject to a DBS check
- To regularly visit the individual on a 1 : 1 basis either in their own home or a community setting.
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence – The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances.
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual via an on-line computer system.
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to the role.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Our Community Support Befrienders do not work with people who are family or close friends
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Understanding of vulnerability
- Understanding and awareness of key issues that can affect lives i.e. mental health issues, misuse of substances -alcohol, drug abuse, etc.
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Respect for equality and diversity
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community - the opportunity is for the Pendle Area