Crafts, Games, Quizzes & Puzzles
Library Club volunteer required at Tarleton Library for the Monday afternoon (between 4 – 5 pm) Crafts, Games, Quizzes & puzzles session.
The library service is continual involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What this Supporting Library Activities for Children opportunity is offering you?
- An opportunity to share your love of crafts, games, quizzes & Puzzles.
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- An opportunity you can include on your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Craft, Games and drama event: Assisting with the preparation of craft / drama materials prior to the events, setting up the area for the sessions, welcoming attendees to the session, assisting the children with the various activities as required etc. helping to tidy up afterwards.
- Reading groups to engage a group of not more than ten pupils aged 9 – 11 and to guide discussions and activities based on the book or theme set for that month. The volunteer must enjoy reading and be willing to commit to reading one book per month.
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to young people
- Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- be a good communicator
- have patience and understanding
- have confidence when dealing with children and young people
- have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
- have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed
- Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Tarleton Library, Mark Square, Tarleton, Preston, PR4 6TU
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community