Covid Vaccination Marshal- Lancashire and South Cumbria
Lancashire Volunteer Partnership (LVP) and NHS are looking for volunteers to assist at various Covid Vaccination sites as Internal and External Marshals across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
These roles will provide co-ordination of patients / patient flow and wellbeing inside and outside the venues. The main focus will be on safe patient navigation of the site and safe entry and exit of the building.
The mass vaccination sites will be open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm, various other sites are open and the time slots will vary at each site but can be up to 6 hours.
Please note there is a dress code for this role- Comfortable footwear, no high heels.
The External Marshal role will take place outside and adequate warm and waterproof outerwear will be required.
Please note –
If you are considering applying to volunteer at one of our vaccination sites, please ensure you are comfortable being vaccinated against COVID-19. For roles within patient facing areas, it is a requirement to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, by the 1st April 2022. This means that your first Covid-19 vaccination needs to be on or before 3rd February 2022. Please be aware being fully vaccinated for this role is an essential requirement.
Your commitment will help us to continue to provide Safe, Personal and Effective Care to our patients, as well as helping us to protect you, your families and your colleagues.
Expenses- As a volunteer you have the option of claiming expenses.
Only once you have been approved as a volunteer you will then be able to sign up to support a local site near you.
We currently have opportunities in –
- Burnley, Blackburn and Hyndburn
- Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancashire
- Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre
- Lancaster and Morecambe
- Kendal and Ulverston
- Traffic Management – directing cars to parking spaces
- Parking management
- Management of external queues
- Check that patients are in the right place and have an appointment
- Initial confirmation of verification to access the POD/site.
- Collaboration with external security and internal marshals
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- People and communication skills
- Can work in a pressurised environment
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to work as part of a team
- No COVID symptoms and not be requested to self-isolate.
- Site orientation
- Understanding of fire regulation and evacuation procedure
- Infection control and disinfection of seating area
- Clinical escalation process and pod staffing model
- Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Various sites across Lancashire and South Cumbria