Covid Vaccination Marshal- Lancashire and South Cumbria
Lancashire Volunteer Partnership (LVP) and NHS are looking for volunteers to assist at various Covid Vaccination sites as Internal and External Marshalls across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
These roles will provide co-ordination of patients / patient flow and wellbeing inside and outside the venues. The main focus will be on safe patient navigation of the site and safe entry and exit of the building.
The mass vaccination sites will be open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm, various other sites are open and the time slots will vary at each site but can be from 4 up to 6 hours.
Please note there is a dress code for this role- Comfortable footwear, no high heels.
The External Marshal role will take place outside and adequate warm and waterproof outerwear will be required.
Expenses- As a volunteer you have the option of claiming expenses.
Only once you have been approved as a volunteer you will then be able to sign up to support a local site near you.
- Traffic Management – directing cars to parking spaces
- Parking management
- Management of external queues
- Check that patients are in the right place and have an appointment
- Initial confirmation of verification to access the POD/site.
- Collaboration with external security and internal marshals
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- People and communication skills
- Can work in a pressurised environment
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to work as part of a team
- No COVID symptoms and not be requested to self-isolate.
- Site orientation
- Understanding of fire regulation and evacuation procedure
- Infection control and disinfection of seating area
- Clinical escalation process and pod staffing model
- Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Various sites across Lancashire