Conversation Workshops – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme Ribble Valley
Do you have teaching experience?
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme have arranged for Conversation group sessions and require volunteers with teaching experience to help support them.
These sessions are pivotal in helping people to feel integrated into a new area, providing them with the opportunity to gain and improve on their ability to converse with others in a supportive, empathetic environment.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Supporting ESOL workshops
- Engaging with the group supporting those attending to take part and to get involved, may also require 121
- Supporting sessions that are delivered at venues online as required
- Help with building new skills, confidence, and motivation
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Be over the age of 18
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers & interest in refugee issues.
- ESOL / Teaching experience would be an advantage
- Patience and understanding, trustworthy and responsible
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Training will be required in the form of distance eLearning specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
This opportunity is specific to the Ribble Valley District.
Applicants should live in or close to Ribble Valley.