Community Engagement Volunteer – Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
This opportunity is for Blackpool LFRS
Could you spare 3 hours a week to support Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service in continuing to provide a wide range of services that they offer to the local community?
We are seeking motivated and passionate volunteers to assist staff at both Blackpool Fire Station and at various local community events with administrative, logistical and community engagement support.
Access to your own transport and the ability to travel to the various locations would be an advantage
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and a medical screening
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back for travel expenses.
- To help link in with other volunteer organizations, gain referrals and increase awareness of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) offerings regarding prevention and protection activities
- To help generate home fire safety checks (HFSC) referrals through a visible presence at station and community events
- Assist crews at community events and be confident to remain should an appliance be called away to maintain a presence
- To assist staff with station visits by community groups, cubs and brownies and be confident to remain should an appliance be called away
- Carry out leaflet drops and prevention activities in the community
- Moving resources between stations / service headquarters to assist staff and delivering of any correspondence that may be required
- Assemble packs for HFSC to be utilized by Operational Crews and Community Safety Advisor
- A non-judgemental attitude
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communicating skills
- A willingness to help develop and work with young people
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Be able to solve problem effectively
- To have respect for race and diversity
- Access to own mobile phone
- Access to a vehicle that can be used for this role is an advantage but not a necessity
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Blackpool Fire Station, 62 Forest Gate, Blackpool