Coffee Shop Volunteer
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. The Trust is supported by over 200 volunteers in a wide variety of ways. We love our volunteers. The contribution they make to our patients, families, visitors and staff is invaluable.
This role will support the Friends of Pendle Community Hospital to run the coffee shop. This role will be carried out both with other volunteers and alone. The coffee shop at Pendle Community Hospital is entirely run by volunteers and is unable to open without their support. The person carrying out this role will make and provide hot and cold beverages and refreshments to patients, families, visitors and staff.
- To open the coffee shop and sell refreshments and snacks to patients, families, visitors and staff as needed
- Be friendly and welcoming to patients, families, visitors and staff
- Keep the coffee shop clean and tidy while on shift
- Make note of items that are low or out of stock to be reordered
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Friendly, polite, and able to interact with all persons
- Basic housekeeping skills
- Good level of basic maths
- Be reliable
East Lancashire Hospital’s Trust requires all volunteers to attend a volunteer induction and complete core mandatory training before carrying out any voluntary activity within the Trust.
Required Age:16 years +
Pendle Community Hospital